Healthy Blue offers training and tutorials to support providers in continuing their education. We will add presentations, videos and other training documentation as they become available.
Provider Pathways – Doing Business with Healthy Blue eLearning.
Provider Pathways is a 24/7 educational resource that offers a foundation for doing business with Healthy Blue. Provider Pathways is an independent company that provides educational resources and trainings on behalf of BlueChoice HealthPlan. It’s designed to be user friendly and gives you flexibility when scheduling training for yourself and your staff:
- Learn more about Provider Pathways .
- In order to launch the Provider Pathways eLearning software, you must first complete a short registration here:
- Electronic Clinical Data Systems coding booklet
- Behavioral Health Stigma
- 2023 Healthy Blue Annual Provider Training FAQ's
- HEDIS Category II Coding Bulletin 2023
- HEDIS Well Child and Immunizations Coding Bulletin 2023
- HEDIS ECDS Prenatal and Postpartum Care Coding Bulletin 2023
- HEDIS Coding Booklet 2023
- HEDIS Desktop Reference Guide 2023 SC
- 2022 Healthy Blue Annual Training
- HEDIS prenatal and postpartum care ECDS coding bulletin
- HEDIS Benchmarks and Coding Guidelines for Electronic Clinical Data Systems (ECDS)
- Quality Incentive Program
- Healthy Blue 101
- 2021 Healthy Blue Annual Training
- Interactive Care Reviewer (ICR) FAQ
- Healthy Rewards Program
- 2021 CPT Evaluation and Management Code Changes
- 2020 HEDIS Pediatric Coding Seminar
- 2020 Annual Provider Educational
- Behavioral Health ICR Training Presentation
- Behavioral health training
- Caring for Diverse Populations toolkit
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) Overview
- Cultural Competency Training
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse Provider training
- GIC Notification
- Healthy Blue Remittance Inquiry Reference Guide
- Improving the patient experience — assessment of patient feedback and quality of care best practices
- Incentive Program
- Mental disease and opioid treatment programs presentation
- 2021 Healthy Blue Training FAQs
- Provider Digital Engagement
- Patient experience
- Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility (PRTF) training
- Provider Representative Territory Map
- Provider enrollment process
- Provider grievances and appeals guide
- 2020 Annual Provider Educational
- HEDIS Telehealth Coding Bulletin 2022
- HEDIS Well Child Immunization 2022
- HEDIS CAT II Coding 2022
- CPT® Category II codes - improving performance quality
Providers: Commit to stigma-free mental health and substance use service delivery
Healthy Blue encourages all providers to support our commitment to stigma-free whole member care. Please visit this website to learn more.
School-based mental health services update (2022)
The state has made resources available regarding school-based mental health services. For more information, please see the website developed by the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SC DHHS): School-based Mental Health Services | SC DHHS.*
* This link leads to a third-party site. That organization is solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on its site.
Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT)
A clinician’s tool for identifying risky substance use behaviors and providing appropriate intervention.
Screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment, commonly referred to as SBIRT, is an evidence-based, comprehensive, integrated approach to the delivery of early intervention and treatment services to people with substance misuse and those at risk of developing disorders. The goal of SBIRT is to reduce and prevent related health consequences, disease, accidents, and injuries. Risky substance use is a health issue that often goes undetected; providers can help by incorporating this evidence-based tool that is demonstrated to be valid and reliable in identifying individuals with problem use or at risk for a substance use disorder (SUD).
If you wish to print SBIRT educational materials, please review the links below to obtain a downloadable flier and brochure. For any further discussions regarding SBIRT, please contact your Provider Experience or Provider Relations representative.
Provider Tools & Resources
- Log in to Availity
- Launch Provider Learning Hub Now
- Learn about Availity
- Prior Authorization Lookup Tool
- Prior Authorization Requirements
- Claims Overview
- Member Eligibility & Pharmacy Overview